Sunday, March 22, 2009

On the last trip to Dungarpur we realized how very difficult it can be to find good clean food in a small town in Rajasthan. When we arrived all of the restaurants in town were closed because Holi (a Hindu holiday involving throwing colored powder on each other) was still in full swing. The restaurant owners told us they had to close since there was no one willing to work - for the next four days! We ended up having to eat at a few roadside stands, particularly for breakfast, and somewhere along the way I got food poisoning. For several days now I have been trying to come out of this, but I still feel weak and sick to my stomach. We had to leave town a few days early to get me back to where I could rest and get well. I am hoping to head out to my friend's farm for the next few days and get some work done, cook for myself, and relax until I am really better. I had forgotten what this kind of thing does to you, especially when it is also really hot outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon sweetie!